Biomaster Antimicrobial Technology
This ensures effective antimicrobial product protection for the effective lifetime of the product, reducing bacterial levels on the surface and therefore, the opportunity for them to spread. Our products are used in a range of environments from medical and education to correctional settings therefore, antimicrobial protection is extremely important.
How effective is Biomaster?
Very. Biomaster is proven to inhibit the growth of microbes by up to 99.99%.
Is Biomaster safe?
Yes. It is based on silver ion technology, recognised for centuries with no harmful effects. Biomaster is used in medical, food and water applications.
What’s the difference between antimicrobial and antibacterial?
An antimicrobial inhibits the growth of, or destroys harmful micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi and moulds. An antibacterial specifically prevents the growth of bacteria.
Has Biomaster been tested?
Yes, repeatedly. Biomaster is tested to ISO standards. We also undertake on-going quality control tests and environmental trials.
How long is Biomaster effective for?
Biomaster is effective for the intended lifetime of the product it’s added to. It is built-in and doesn’t wear off or leach out.
Does Biomaster affect a product in any way?
No. You can’t see, smell or even taste Biomaster.
Can a Biomaster-treated polymer be recycled?
Yes, it doesn’t affect its ability to be recycled in any way.
Is Biomaster effective against antibiotic-resistant bacteria?
Yes. Biomaster has been proven to be affective to antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
For more information visit the Addmaster website
Pinpoint - Biomaster FAQs
Download our Biomaster Antimicrobial PDF factsheet